Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Week #40

Hola Familia!!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mom and Collin!!!!! I´m writing today so that I could write you on your birthday!! haha. Just kidding. Yesterday we had a leadership meeting in Bahía Blanca, so we travelled all night, had the meeting, and returned. We didn´t have time to write, but today I do! I´ll send some pictures next week but I don´t have my camera with me. I saw some of my best friends in Bahía! Elder White was there! Elder Swanson from the MTC. It´s so fun to see everyone. Especially the companions that I´ve learned to love so much! I also saw Elder Fullmer from John Thomas´ ward. I´ll send the pictures next week.

Elder Kropelnicki left me! We had Emergency Transfers and he left to Santa Rosa and Elder Moreno is my companion now. The same Elder Moreno that I had splits with a few weeks ago. He was a zone leader, a district leader, and now for his last 3 weeks on the mission, I get the chance to serve with him. He´s from Columbia and he´s such a hard worker. The Lord knows what he´s doing and knows exactly what I need in order to grow as a leader. I´ve already learned so much from him!

Today we contacted a 15 year old on the street and he let us in their gate and we started talking to him and his little brother and his mom. We introduced ourselves and he started telling us that he struggles with drugs. His mom seemed to be super disappointed in him and has stressed over him a lot in her life. Their relationship didn´t seem too strong and she wants to see change in her life. The cool thing too is that the 15 year old, Kalil, wants change in his life to. 
 
We taught them the doctrine of Jesus Christ, the most profound and sacred doctrine that there is. We taught about the power of the Atonement and repentance. You could feel their desire for change. They accepted the invitation to be baptized and to attend General Conference, but the miracle was about to come. Kalil said the closing prayer. It was one of the most sincere prayers that I´ve heard on the mission. Tears filled his eyes and he could hardly speak. Imagine a 15 year old being choked up by the Spirit because he wants change in his life. He pleaded for help from our Heavenly Father. He told us that he wants to change but it´s extremely difficult. I´ll be honest, I left the lesson changed. To see a teenager want the Atonement so strongly in his life made me so happy that I´ve understood the Atonement my entire life. The power of the Atonement is incredible and we must never go a day in our lives without thanking our Heavenly Father for sending His son Jesus Christ to the world to suffer and die for us. My testimony of the Atonement grew and I´m extremely grateful for being able to see this miracle.

Thanks for all the love and support. Listen to and apply the teachings from the prophets and apostles this weekend. They are truly sent from God.

Love Elder Bosco II
 
 
Pulled these pictures off of facebook. Thanks Elder Yeates for the pics of regular life in the mission.




No comments:

Post a Comment