Monday, March 2, 2015

Week #36

Hola Familia!

This week was a good one! I learned a lot of things that will definitely help me for the rest of my life. The thing that I love most about the mission, is that the scriptures are ALIVE in the mission field. Let me explain myself haha. I´ve always loved the scriptures and they´ve always been a comfort for me to read them. The counsel, the stories, the prophets. They´re all incredible. I truly know the Book of Mormon is true. 

This week especially, I noticed that the scriptures have a whole different meaning when you´re living them! I´ve seen situations in family life, situations with people´s beliefs, trials that people have, whatever it may be-- there seems to always be an answer and/or a story in the Book of Mormon to compliment it.

We met a man named Ricardo who was smoking outside of his house and he let us in. He gave him a Book of Mormon and testified of its truthfulness. He´s really interested and he has a lot of questions about life and religion. We visited him the other day and we talked a lot about the book of mormon. With everything we talked about, we were able to use a scripture from the Book of Mormon to testify of the principle. Thanks to the guide of the Holy Spirit, we were able to answer a lot of his questions. After about the third question answered, he stared at the Book of Mormon like it was some type of magic book. Then he looked at us and asked us how we knew the answers to all of these questions. As if we´ve been studying our whole lives! We testified that the Book of Mormon has the answers to EVERYTHING that we need answers to. He truly was in awe with the book. It was incredible to see the Book of Mormon come ALIVE in someone´s life.

Unfortunately, he didn´t come to church because he was out late with some of his friends... I mean really early in the morning haha. But when we visited him after church, he told us that he feels a lot better talking with us and it´s really hard for him to let go of some of his old habits. He told us to be patient with him, and that we´ll do. Heavenly Father shows perfect patience and he is definitely helping Ricardo.

I know that the Book of Mormon is true. There is no doubt in my life. Each verse-even each word- has purpose and meaning in our lives. As we study and learn and pray about the words that are contained in this book, we WILL come to know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. There is no greater knowledge that we can gain.

Thanks for all the love, prayers, and support. I´m extremely grateful for everyone´s example. And good luck Provo High Baseball! I can´t believe the season is already starting!!

P.S. Alejandro Vila blessed the Sacrament for the first time this week, Vanesa (His spouse) bore her testimony in church, and they both fasted without being reminded. They are incredible and extremely faithful to the Lord. What a blessing!

Love Elder Bosco II

No comments:

Post a Comment