Monday, April 6, 2015

Week #41

Hola Familia!

Conference was incredible! It´s incredible as a missionary. I don´t know what it is, but our minds understand the talks in a different way. When Robert D. Hales said that the Second Coming was near, the Spirit filled my soul. Oh how I know that´s true more than ever. The gospel truly is incredible and changes many lives. We were able to watch it in English in Pompeya! The same church that I started in. It was great to see everyone! Martín is doing great! His family is a lot more calm and he´s a lot more happier. His brothers are evening showing a little interest. Just a little, but it´s better than nothing. Marcela was there and she was filled with light. She was so happy to see me and I was filled with happiness being able to see her. I talked with Cejas. He still goes to church every Sunday. He´s great friends with the ward members and especially the missionaries!

I would have to say that one of my favorite talks was President Holland´s talk. The power of the Fall and the Atonement that he spoke about was incredible! My mind went back to the temple and experiences that I´ve had in my life and that I´m having right now. All I can say is that the Plan of Salvation is true. President Monson´s talk about the temple was incredible. As I´ve said before, if you are reading this letter, PREPARE to enter and to keep a current temple recommend. There is no better place in the world!!

We had a miracle this week. Diego Gomez was baptized!! Almost a month ago, he contacted us in the street and told us that he needs help and that other missionaries had been by his house a year ago but stopped coming. He accepted everything but the word of wisdom... It`s not that he drank a lot, but he had a lot of fear that after his baptism he would lapse and start drinking (so please pray for him). He drank a little bit on Wednesday night. We visited him on Thursday and we talked about why God wants him to live this commandment. He told us that he didn´t want to get baptized anymore, maybe later. As we know, later doesn´t happen sometimes. We talked more, and at the point when we were running out of things to say to him, he entered his house and brought out a box of wine with a picture of his dad that had passed away. We invited him to dump the wine down the drain. He picked up the box and dumped it all out! it was incredible!. I still wasn´t sure if he was truly repented and should get baptized. We visited him Sunday morning before Conference after many prayers (and some stress) and he looked at us with a smile and said- the day has arrived. I don´t know what it was, but at that moment, I felt right that he was ready. We reviewed everything well with him and he seemed truly repentant. He had the interview with other missionaries, and in between the sessions of Conference, he was baptized!!! He was so happy but we´re going to need to work hard with him this week so that he feels happy and is ready to receive the gift of the Spirit next week. Truly a miracle!

Thanks for all the love and support, And remember to read the Book of Mormon EVERYDAY, EVERYDAY, EVERYDAY.

Love Elder Bosco II
Elder White !! (My Trainer)


 Elder Fullmer ( from Uncle John Thomas' YSA ward!)

 Martín from Pompeya


Marcela from Pompeya



Diego´s Baptism!



My companion  Elder Moreno (from Columbia)


No comments:

Post a Comment