Monday, March 23, 2015

Week #39

Hola Familia!

I´ve got great news!! Today in my personal study I finished the Book of Mormon for the first time in Spanish. I made a goal to read a little every day because I study a lot of others things and topics, and I made it. I started reading it a little before the mission and I didn´t understand hardly anything-- I finished the last page understanding basically everything. What a blessing. I can speak a new language now! I took Moroni´s challenge to heart and I kneeled down in humility and I thanked Heavenly Father for giving me the Book of Mormon to help me learn Spanish. I thanked the Lord for sending Moroni, Joseph Smith, and other prophets to the earth that were courageous so that we can be blessed with the words of Jesus Christ. I asked Heavenly Father if the Book of Mormon was true and if it was, how I could use it more powerfully in my life to help others come unto Christ. I´m not trying to copy the words in the scriptures, but I literally felt a burning in my bosom. My body was filled with a fire and a warmth that is hard to explain. Not just that, but also a happiness that filled my body with warmth. If you have taken the time to read this letter, I want you to know that I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I have no doubt that it testifies of Jesus Christ and I know that it contains the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Yesterday we had two investigators in Church. Sandra came with her daughter Abril. Earlier in her life she overcame an addiction of cocaine and is now helping others (mostly youth) do the same. She´s incredible. She asked us since we were born in the church, if we´ve ever had temptations with things like that. I told her that I´ve never struggled with drugs, but that I struggled with anxiety, which is an addiction in its own manera. I shared Ether 12:27 with her and told her how I gained my own testimony of the gospel. The truth is, she used the same method to overcome her addiction. She was amazed at the power of the scripture. Yesterday she was deciding if she should come to church and she prayed and thought of the Bible. Her knowledge of the bible answered her questions and she came. Please keep her in your prayers. She´s incredible but she has many doubts.

In this ward that I´m in, there are about 80 members that attend every week and there are 4 elders. And we all live with each other. It´s a lot of fun!

Thanks for all the prayers, love, and support. And have fun in the sun! It´s starting to get a little chilly here! Thank goodness haha.

Love Elder Bosco II

No comments:

Post a Comment