Monday, February 23, 2015

Week #35

Hola Familia!

What a great week we had this week. President Parreño came to Trenque Lauquen and we had a zone conference. I would like to share with you some of the things that he taught us. It´s great counsel for missionaries, but even greater for people in general. He said.. Never lose the capacity of being amazed and being grateful. He told us that sometimes there are missionaries that get bored on the mission or people that get tired of praying, tired of reading, tired of living the commandments, and tired of going to the temple. He pointed out that these people stop being amazed and grateful for the little things God does for them every day. Something that helped me overcome my foot problem before the mission is that I would write down in my journal every night at least three ways that I saw the hand of the Lord in my life that day. Little miracles that happened and little ways that Heavenly Father was showing me that He loves me. Here in the mission, I made a goal to do the same. As a missionary, the miracles are incredible and it strengthens my testimony and strengthens my desire to serve every day. 

I was studying about Jesus Christ and the Atonement today and a thought came to my mind. My testimony of the Savior is one of the greatest blessings that Heavenly Father has given me through His Spirit. So I paused my study and I wrote down my testimony of our Savior in my Study Journal:

I know that Jesus Christ lives. He is my Savior and I´m eternally grateful for what He did for me. He loves me and He never leaves me alone. His love is strong enough to give me hope and peace that I can overcome my weaknesses, sins, and shortcomings. 
I may experiment trials, temptations, weaknesses, shortcomings, and disappointments, but gratefully Christ had the courage, submission, and unwavering love for having suffered them for me. 
He is my hope, my light, and my strength. He is the mirror image of Heavenly Father because He is PERFECT. I have come to know and love my Savior Jesus Christ and my Heavenly Father as I´ve been forced to humble myself and rely on Them. They live. 
Oh how great is the joy I feel as I testify of them to others. It has been one of the greatest blessings that I´ve received in my life- a testimony of our Heavenly Father and our Savior. 
Our goal on earth is to know Them, to understand Them, and to become like Them. 
Even though I´m not perfect, I´m grateful everyday that Heavenly Father trusts me enough to represent His perfect son. As we make and live covenants with our Heavenly Father, we will come to know Him. And as we live our covenants, we will come to know and understand a little bit more everyday the Atonement of Jesus Christ. 
As we listen to the still small voice in our lives testify of the Father and the Son, we will come to know truly who They are. I testify that They live.

I challenge each of you to never stop being amazed and grateful at the small miracles that we experience everyday in our lives.

Love, Elder Bosco II
The parks in Pehuajó are so beautiful!


 Elder Fallentine´s Birthday lunch with the Llanos Family!


 Trenque Lauquen (1 hour from Pehuajó)

 Polenta and mixed vegetables! Yes I made it myself.
We also learned how to make gnocchis this week. They´re soooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment