Monday, August 3, 2015

Week #58

Hola Familia!

I can´t believe that Jordan Maw is already home from his mission and that Austin is leaving soon! How crazy. It sounds like everyone is having such a great summer. The truth is, the winter here has been great. It hasn´t been very cold at all. All the people here say that it has been really strange this winter, but I´m happy about it. It just means that the summer is going to kill us with heat.

This week I had two experiences that I wanted to share. We had bautismal interviews with an old couple named Oscar and Marta. We interviewed them two weeks ago, but Oscar was still drinking a little bit of wine, so I encouraged him in the interview to stop drinking and he accepted. We went back the next week and he told me that he was still drinking a little but just for medical purposes. I wasn´t really sure if it was okay for medical purposes, so I encouraged him to get rid of it and to trust in the Lord. I felt the Spirit tell me to listen to him and to tell him how much I loved him. He told me that he would throw the wine down the sink in his own time, but that I needed to trust in him. I told him that I trusted in him and that the Lord trusted in him. He said the closing prayer to the interview and I got up to walk out of the room and he told me that he wanted to show me something. And with tears in both of our eyes at this point, he picked up his bottle of wine and dumped it down the sink. I´m not really sure why I was crying. I think it was because of the faith that Oscar was showing. I know that the Spirit had touched Oscar´s heart. It was a miracle. I talked to President Cifuentes and because the wine was for medical purposes, Oscar was able to get baptized with Marta on Saturday- and President Cifuentes baptized them. It was incredible.

We taught a man named Nicolás who was having doubts about whether God existed. We showed him some videos and we testified about how the Book of Mormon can help us know that God exists and he still speaks to us. The lesson was great- but he didn´t come to church. We visited him afterwards and his dad got mad at us and told us to stop coming by his house because we were confusing Nicolás. It made me sad, but I know that the Lord planted a seed in Nicolás and that he will be ready to receive more of God´s light one day.

I love this gospel and I know that it is true. Being in the service of God is priceless and the blessings are uncountable.

Love Elder Bosco II

No comments:

Post a Comment