Monday, August 31, 2015

Week # 62

Hola Familia!

Thanks for the update on the family! I love hearing about everyone and how everyone is doing. I especially like hearing about all the missionaries that are entering the MTC and the mission field. Get ready for the greatest experiences of your life. Experiences that will change you forever. I have learned so many things here and I´m truly enjoying working in the Lord´s work.

Right now I´m in Bahía Blanca in an area called General Arias. I´m with Elder Dement who is from Texas and has been out on the mission field for one transfer longer than me. I´m loving every minute with him. He works extremely hard and he is always willing to learn. I´ll send you a picture of us. I think the reason that we´re such good friends and we work well together is because he reminds of me Michael Holland. He has the same sense of humor and he does things that remind me of Mike. We laugh a lot and have a good time working hard. I´m liking the area a lot. We live in a small apartment with 3 other Elders, so it´s pretty fun. I couldn´t get to know the ward very well this week because we had a conference that I´m going to explain later in this letter. I´m extremely happy to be where I am right now and I´m truly enjoying the life as a missionary.

All of Argentina, Uruguay, and Paraguay had a conference (that was announced only one week ago) and we got to listen to Elder Cook, Elder Hales, and other leaders of the church. They talked about the Sabbath Day and how we must keep it with more holiness. They also talked and stressed about the importance of serving a mission. They repeated Pres. Monson´s words that every worthy and able young man should serve a mission. It is a Priesthood responsibility. They were stressing the importance of missions because they would like to see more missionaries from these three countries. The work here is growing and it is incredible to see.

This week I had an experience that strengthened my testimony. I was reading in the morning when Joseph Smith saw God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ. I started to ask myself if this actually happened. I had the impression to pray in this moment and ask God if it were true. I prayed and I felt peace, but my answer came later on in the day. Before lunch, Elder Dement and I knocked on a door and a man answered and we started testifying of the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We talked about Joseph Smith and we testified of the First Vision and the Book of Mormon. Unfortunately, these people didn´t accept the message and had many doubts about prophets and even told us that they knew a woman prophet. We testified with power and authority that Thomas S. Monson is the prophet of God today on the earth and that the Lord has called 12 apostles as he had in the past. I walked away from that moment knowing that the Lord had answered my prayer from that morning. Joseph Smith truly did see Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. It´s true, I have no doubt about it. The gospel of Jesus Christ was restored through Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon is the proof of that. I know that this message is true and I want everyone to know it too.

Thanks for all the letters, support, and prayers. I love you all a lot and I hope all is well.

Love Elder Bosco II
 
Elder Dement from Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment