Monday, May 4, 2015

Week #45

Hola Familia!

The truth is mom, there is May Day in Argentina. Their Primero de Mayo is equal to cinco de Mayo to Mexico in the sense that nobody has work and everyone parties. It felt a lot like Thanksgiving to me to be honest. We ate a big meal and we were stuffed all day- we were receiving food all over the place! I´m going to celebrate May 1 every year now.

We had a miracle this week! After a meeting, we were talking with the Bishop and he told us to visit a house because a relative of his lives their now and he might be a baptism! References don´t come often so we went the next day and started teaching him the Restoration. He has had a past full of drugs and cigarettes and alcohol and the last year, the evangelical church changed him. Reading and studying the bible changed his attitude and now he lives a clean life.... but he´s never been baptized. We invited him to be baptized and he accepted! And because he has been to the LDS church twice before, he´s able to get baptized on May 9! He came to church and he loved it! When we taught him the Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chastity. He accepted all of it and was teaching US the importance of living those commandments. It truly was a miracle and we´re going to keep helping him endure to the end.

As we walked into Doctrine Principles class this Sunday, it was full. With recent converts, investigators, and a less active member that we´ve been visiting. I sat down and I said a prayer of gratitude in my heart and I felt tears in my eyes. It was incredible the love and the happiness that I felt at that moment. During the Sacrament I thought about that same feeling when I saw my family in the temple, and I thought about the moment when our Savior Jesus Christ will welcome us in the mansions of our Father one day. How great shall be the joy of our Savior, who has suffered everything, to see His lost brothers in the presence of our Heavenly Father. We don´t understand this joy now, but we can experience just a part of it in the Lord´s house, the temple. I know that God lives and this is His work.

Thanks for all the love and support and I´m excited to talk to you next week!

Love, Elder Bosco II
 

 Restaurant called Krip!

Centro in Mar del Plata (_Downtown)


Elder Sisson from Nevada!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment