Monday, May 25, 2015

Week #48

Hola Familia,

First off, I have to thank the Squires Family. That was seriously such a big blessing and a miracle. We had a great time with them and it gave me so much more motivation to keep working hard and to give the Lord everything that I´ve got. I was really grateful that they took the time to look for me. Brother Squires gave us some good thoughts of how big of a blessing it is to return to his daughter´s areas and to see all of the people that she has touched from her service. Thank you Squires Family!!

This week was a great week and I learned a lot. First of all, I learned a lot from Pres Hinckley´s words when he said that every new member needs a responsibility. Diego, who got baptized two months ago, was given the responsibility to welcome people into the Gospel Principles class, to conduct, and to assign a pray, etc. We taught him how to do it and we told him of the importance of having a smile on his face, having a lot of energy, and being early to church so that he can great people. He felt so special having been given a responsibility to  help others. He showed up to church 15 minutes early and he was greeting everything with a LOT of energy. We told him to help one of our investigators and he did it with a lot of happiness. He sat by him, he led him to the classes, he explained things to him, and after the Sacrament Meeting, he gave me the big thumbs up that the investigator had a great experience. This responsibility gave Diego a new light and a purpose to be in church. I honestly think that his testimony and Spirit doubled yesterday. And for me, it was a testimony of the inspired words of prophets. Let me tell you, prophets know what they´re talking about. If you want to have success- follow them.

The investigator that was at church today was Mario. He´s about 70 years old and he is READY. It was a referral from a member so we visited him and we started talking about the Book of Mormon. He told us that he had one that someone had left him as a taxi driver years ago and he loved reading it- he told us that he already knows that it´s true. He stopped reading it because he had a stroke and he´s still recovering but he can´t read now because he lost part of his vision. He brought out a black book and I thought it was the bible, but it was a Book of Mormon from 1979. I´m not going to lie, it´s really cool. We read to him 3 Nephi 11 and by the end, he was basically asking us when he could get baptized. The Spirit was really strong and he knows that the gospel is true. We get to teach him now and we read the Book of Mormon to him out loud. I can´t wait to see him enter the waters of baptism. He´s definitely ready. He loved church on Sunday and he told us that he was filled with a feeling of peace and happiness, as if is insides were expanding. And thanks to Diego and his fellowshipping, Mario is progressing well haha.

Thanks for all the love and support. I can´t believe I´m turning 19 this week. I can´t imagine my life if I would have left as a 19 year old. I´m so grateful to have left as an 18 year old because I wouldn´t trade these experiences for anything!

Love Elder Bosco II
 Squires family
Eating Ice Cream with the Squires Family

We ran to the ocean in the morning. The pictures are bad because it´s so dark. But it was lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment