Monday, February 2, 2015

Week #32

Hola Familia!

I finally made it to Trenque Lauquen on Tuesday, we had our district meeting, and then we traveled to Pehuajó. It was a lot of travelling for 3 days. But finally I´m here. The little city of Pehuajó is beautiful. Our house is actually extremely nice and there´s only two of us. We have a nice bathroom, a nice washing machine, and the best part, we have air conditioning! haha so cool! My new companion is Elder Fallentine. He´s from San Diego, California and he went to 3 semesters at BYU before leaving for his mission. He´s been in Argentina for 3 months and I´ve been here a little longer, and we got here without knowing a single thing!

 
It´s been a blessing being here without knowing anything. It´s forced me to get on my knees and to ask the Lord for guidance. We´ve been teaching a family that has been kind of interested in the church for awhile now. The father, Alejandro, has been reading the Book of Mormon for a year and a half now. We had a powerful lesson with the Spirit and they accepted the invitation to get baptized. And so this Saturday they´re getting baptized! Vanessa, Alejandro´s wife, and their three kids are all so great. Ricardo is 8 and he´s getting baptized too. 
We invited Vanessa´s cousin to come to church and she came with two of her children! Their were 21 people at church in total and 8 were investigators! haha. the branch is really small here, but we have a great branch president and a lot of desires to work hard. We hope to see a big difference here in Pehuajó. With the help of the Lord, it´s possible. Because I´ve learned here that no matter how big the ward or branch is, the church, the Sacrament, the Spirit, and the Lord´s teachings are all the same! It gives me so much joy.

 
I want to talk a little bit about forgiveness. The gift of forgiveness is one of the greatest things that the Lord has given us. On the other hand, holding in grudges is how Satan can blind us from being truly happy. I´ve seen here in the short week that I´ve been here how this branch could be so much stronger if we all just understood the power of forgiveness a little bit more in our lives. I´m working on it myself. Being able to forgive others and especially myself. If there is something or someone that you need to forgive, do it. I promise you that those feelings are from the Lord. He wants us to be happy and the only way to happiness is true forgiveness.

 
Thank you for all the love, support, prayers, and letters. They mean so much and I´m so grateful for them. I love you all so much!

Love, Elder Bosco II

(Elder White was the zone leader here in Trenque Lauquen the last transfer but got transfered away when I got assigned here. So I just missed him! haha)



The room for Sacrament Meeting!
 The chapel in Pehuajó
Elder Bosco by the  chapel in Pehuajó
The room for Sacrament Meeting

Marcela got baptized and I got to go back and congratulate her! She´s so happy and we were so happy to see each other!


 The bathroom in our apartment is NICE!
 Elder Fallentine and I ( he reminds me a lot of Tyler Hissong )

 There´s a lot of work to get done!
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment