Monday, February 16, 2015

Week #34

Hola Familia!

It sounds like you all had a great week!  And no, my package hasn´t come yet but I should probably get it this week. I can´t believe Russell left me here alone! Tell him to write me!

This week was a good one. We had a lot of little successes and a learned a LOT. First things first, I have to tell you about one of the lessons we taught. It was a Evangelical family and the grandpa was against the Book of Mormon. He´s a funny guy and we have a good relationship, but he just doesn´t seem to get it. I said a closing prayer, then after, he said one. He prayed that by the time that I return to the United States, that I´ll be converted into an Evangelical and that I´ll go around preaching the word of that religion. Please pray for me that that prayer isn´t answer. I sure hope not. hahah.

The best thing that happened this week was seeing how happy Alejandro and Vanesa are (Mom- can you send pictures from their baptism to Vanesa on Facebook? Thanks!). One of the first things Vanesa asked when she got to church was where the tithing envelopes were. She paid her tithes and offerings and she told us that it was the first time that she has ever paid tithing in her life and she grew up in another church. It was humbling to see her faith. Another great thing that happened was that Alejandro was interviewed and received the Aaronic Priesthood. This is great news for the branch because there aren´t very many Priesthood Holders. There family is happy and truly progressing to a Temple Sealing one day.

I also learned a lot about how the church works. We help President Suarez with the finances, tithing, and paper work of the branch because there has to be at least two elders doing it. Since he´s the only one that´s there most of the time, We stay and help him because he needs us. I love it! I feel like I´m in the bishopric and I learn how the church is run. There is truly order in the church and I´ve gained a strong testimony that the Savior is truly running this church. Even though it´s a bit different being in a really small branch, I´ve learned so much about the church and my testimony truly has grown.

In this area, I´ve learned a whole lot about how Satan blinds us when we get offended easily, irritated often, and hold grudges. I´ve been focusing on having more charity and I challenge each of you this week to read Moroni 7 and live a little bit more charitable. Charity is what brings about Miracles in our lives.

Thanks for all the love and support and prayers. Good luck this week Provo in Basketball! Play hard!

Love, Elder Bosco II
I don´t have great pics this week but I want to show off some of my cooking abilities

Mom- I made STUFF [what I we called a mixture of everything from the garden] today... It was so good! haha












Wesley sent this letter home with Elder Russell Isom to read at his homecoming talk last week. They only saw each other Wesley's first day in Argentina but we were sure glad Russell was there.  Thanks Russell.



No comments:

Post a Comment