Monday, February 9, 2015

Week #33

Hola Familia!

As I begin to write this letter, I´m sitting in the tiny chapel of Pehuajó in Argentina and I can´t help but cry. I´ve never felt so close to the Savior as I do right now. As I read about what´s going on at home and friends that are leaving on missions and are receiving their calls, I can´t help but cry with tears of joy and happiness. There´s a picture of the Savior above the computer that I´m on right now and I can´t help but look at it and fill his love.

 
This week was crazy but one I will never forget on the mission. The Vila Family was baptized! Alejandro, Vanesa, and Ricardo. This family is special and I love them a whole lot. First off, Alejandro has never really been interested in going to church throughout his life. He has always believed in God but church just wasn´t his thing. A year and a half ago, he received a Book of Mormon and he´s read a lot of it. The missionaries before me taught him a lot but he never wanted to commit to anything until he was FOR SURE that this was the right thing to do. We got here to Pehuajó and on the second night that we taught them, the Spirit was incredibly strong and he accepted a baptismal date and was incredibly excited the whole time- truly it was many MIRACLES.

 
Vanesa´s family is very evangelical and the only reason that she had interest in the Mormon church was because she was starting to see many changes for good in Alejandro´s life. She prayed one day at church that her family would come to church and the next day, they all went to the Mormon Church ( What an answer to her prayer!) But the day of her baptismal interview, she had many doubts and couldn´t sleep the night before. She doesn´t have a super strong testimony, she just wants to be united with her family. I asked her if I could give her a blessing right before her interview and she accepted. I can honestly say that I don´t remember a word that I said, but words in castellano filled and left my mouth and I could feel the power of the Priesthood of God working through me. After the blessing she spent 5 mins alone and afterwards in the interview, everything went well. The next day, I asked her how she slept and she said wonderful!! I asked her what she did, and she told me a simple, but most powerful answer in the world. She said, I prayed. What an incredible woman with so much Faith. But that´s not all, on Saturday- the day of their baptism, her father told her that he asked their pastor and he said that if she´s baptized again into a different church then God will punish her. This through her for a loop and put a lot of doubts in her mind. Satan was attacking her hard because he knew how much faith she had. We taught her a lesson of comfort, and gratefully the Spirit accompanied us. She felt a lot more confident after and decided to get baptized.

 
Saturday night was spectacular! I´ll send pictures of the baptismal font. It was a different experience, but the ordinance and the Spirit were the same. It was an experience I´ll never forget. The Vila Family are starting their preparations to be sealed in the Temple one day. I´m so happy for them!!

 
I love you all and I thank you for your support and prayers. Good luck to all the new missionaries and the new mission calls! It´s the greatest experience ever!

Love, Elder Bosco II
 
 
Yes I´ve learned a few things about cooking here... 
 
The baptismal font! We finally figured out how to set it up

 The Vila Family!

 Baptism of Alejandro, Vanesa, and Ricardo Vila!!

No comments:

Post a Comment