Monday, December 1, 2014

Week #23




Hola Familia!
It´s December but it feels like June. It´s so weird seeing Christmas decorations in the stores when it´s getting super hot. All of the missionaries have funny tan lines from the white shirts haha. And yes, I have some investigators that needs a lot of prayers!
But first, the best news ever! Leandro Martín Villilobo (Martin) received the Melchizedek Priesthood and was ordained to the office of Elder. But even more special was that he asked me to confirm him. I was honored. The meaning of the Priesthood has grown immensely for me on the mission and to be able to give the Priesthood to Martín was incredible. It brought back memories of when I received the Melchizedek Priesthood. So of course, I wore the same tie yesterday that I wore when I received the Priesthood.  But I´ve learned from the scriptures that the priesthood is given to men so that we can perform ordinances and be saved. We have the priesthood on the earth so that we can go to the temple and learn of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. D & C 84:19-22 explains it perfectly. The power of God is manifested through the ordinances of the Priesthood and without the Priesthood, we would NEVER be able to return to live with God. I have a testimony that the Priesthood blesses everyone and that it´s the power of God on this earth.
We are teaching Daniela and Gladys. Daniela is the person that I sent pictures of a few weeks back. She is progressing but is still in the hangup with her boyfriend. She wants to move out but has a lot of fear to tell him. We had a powerful lessons about families and we read The Family: A Proclamation to the World with her. The Spirit was incredible and I testify of the power of families and the happiness that we can find within families that base their lives on the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Gladys is 80 years old and we had a family night with a family and we invited her. She felt the spirit but she´s still trying to decide between the LDS church and the Evangelical Church. It´s taken me a lot of patience with her because she doesn´t think she´s received an answer, but SHE HAS. Right now we´re really trying to help her recognize her answers. Sadly, Daniela and Gladys didn´t come to church yesterday for reasons of their own. But something that I´ve learned on the mission, is when things don´t go your way and people choose different things, there´s only one solution... WORK. Be patient, love, and work to find more of God´s children that need our help. There´s no time on the mission to get down or to get frustrated. This isn´t my work and my success isn´t based on baptisms. This is the work of the Lord and He is in control of all.
Thank you for all the love, thoughts, and prayers. I truly feel them as a missionary. Good luck this week Provo in basketball! Play hard and put everything you´ve got on the court.
Love,
Elder Bosco II

No comments:

Post a Comment