Monday, December 15, 2014

Week #25

Hola Familia!
This week we had our Christmas Zone Conference and it was amazing! We Sang Christmas hymns at an old folks home and then after we got to talk to some of them. They truly felt the spirit and were extremely grateful that we came. One old man, with tears in his eyes, told me that I´m his son. It was incredible the love that I felt at that moment. I´ll send some pictures that I took with them. 
In the zone conference we talked about charity and the true meaning of Christmas and then we watched a slide show with some of the baptisms from this year and then after we received letters from home. Thank you so much Dad. I can´t tell you how grateful I am to have a family that has so much faith and such strong testimonies in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It truly is a blessing.

I realized just how amazing it is to have a family with testimonies of the gospel of Jesus Christ this week. We have been teaching a family the gospel but they never can come to church. Nahuel, a 9 year old, (He´s full of freckles and he looks like he´s 6 because he is really small) but he is the cutest kid in the world. He wants to be baptized and he was really excited about coming to church this weekend. We stopped by their house Sunday morning to pick them up and he answered the door. Him and his 4 year old sister. They were ready and wanted to go to church but their parents were sleeping and didn´t want to go. With tears in his eyes, Nahuel was trying to talk without crying. We decided to say a prayer together and Nahuel said it. It was only 2 sentences but it was simple and sincere. He went back to ask his parents and they didn´t want to get out of bed. With tears in his eyes, he said ¨lo siento mucho¨ [I'm sorry]. I will never forget the image that I saw. I left a little angry, a little upset, a little sad, but mostly full of gratitude. I´ve taken for granted too much in my life the fact that I have parents and a family who cherish the gospel of Jesus Christ and have faith that he lives. I have a family who is obedient to the commandments and for this reason, we are happy. I learned a lot from this experience and I´m extremely grateful for the Savior´s teachings in my life.

I can´t believe it´s almost Christmas and we get to celebrate our Savior´s birth. Thank you for all the prayers, support, and love. Physically it doesn´t feel like Christmas here in the sun, but the Spirit of Christmas is definitely here in the mission.

Love,
Elder Bosco II

Mar del Plata!

Christmas with the ocean and the sun

Pictures from the old folks home that we sang at! The Spirit was incredible!!

No comments:

Post a Comment