Monday, September 1, 2014

Week #10

las calles de Pompeya [the streets of Pompeya]

​Mar Del Plata is incredible! The coast is so pretty!

Las hermanas! [the sister missionaries]

A milenesa Sandwich. They´re so good!
Hola familia,
If there is one thing that I learned this week is agency. Agency is the greatest thing in the world, but one of the worst for missionaries haha. We taught Cora and her husband Francisco and the Spirit was incredible. They´ve had many troubles with their marriage and they said they wanted that peace that was in their house forever. They agreed to be baptized... but they never came to church. We went to their house several times, we called.. nada. Hopefully they had a good reason and we can continue to teach them. I have a pretty funny story when we taught them the first time. Elder White put a cat meowing as his ringtone for a missed call and while we were teaching, somebody called and it was a missed call so the cat started meowing During the most spiritual part. But all was okay because Cora has a cat and Elder White looked at it with a weird look to blame the sound on the cat and Cora had no idea. I almost started laughing, but I didn´t.. thank goodness hahaha.

We also taught Julio. Julio is ready for baptism! He reads the Book of Mormon and he wants to be baptized... but he didn´t come to church. He had a good reason.. well kinda.. but it was tough not seeing him at church. We´re teaching him on Tuesday and I´m excited for that.

We had several opportunities to give Priesthood blessings this week and it´s incredible. The Spirit is always super strong and it´s incredible to see the difference in people´s lives. One of the people that we gave a blessing to has many health problems. He had a problem with a hernia (spelling??) and well... he showed us. He probably showed us a little too much. He just kept pulling his pants down a little more. It was really funny and again I almost started laughing. But I didn´t hahaha.

Anyways, we had no investigators at church this week, but hopefully some next week. We ate at some houses and people want to know where Grandpa Bosco is from. Where in Italy. North, South, What island, how he came over. So if you can let me know, that would be great!

Thanks for all the love and support and I hope all is well at home with school and football starting. Love you all !!!

Love Elder Bosco II


Notes to and about friends (and answers to some questions):

  • Tell Chase congrats and happy Birthday last week! Chase is such a stud and I hope he has an incredible year. Go Bulldogs! 
  • Tell my friends that are leaving good luck. 
  • The mission is different but it´s incredible. Next, I don´t need a bike, we walk everywhere. I mean everywhere haha. And we sometimes take buses. 
  • When I saw Russ for the first time, a missionary came in with cameras and started videotaping and it was really weird, and then Russ ran in, saw me, and gave me a huge hug. Haha it was awesome. We talked to each other for a while but once we left to our areas, we said goodbye again. There´s a chance I could see him again, but I doubt it. We´re pretty far away. Send a picture of us to Michelle and tell her about it. Thanks. 
  • And we had a zone conference two weeks ago. It was great but I didn´t understand much. Russ isn´t in my zone but it was still a great meeting. Go Cougars!

2 comments:

  1. How did I not know about this blog!? Haha
    That meow ringtone, I completely forgot about it and I was dying laughing here reading that again!!

    ReplyDelete