Monday, September 22, 2014

Week #13


Hola Familia en Disneylandia!
I hope you guys have a blast in Disneyland- especially with Ella. Haha oh man I can just picture her having a blast! Thanks for sending the card. I´m not going to know what to do with so much money once I get that card. hahaha. Hopefully I get it this next week. And GOOOO Cougars!!!!
I think that if you send packages through Dear Elder they are pretty safe. And I also heard that if you put a picture of a Saint with a cross or something, people won´t still stuff. It worked for Elder White haha.
And a small question for mom.. Is oatmeal healthy? Cause we eat that every morning haha I was just curious.
Several things happened this week. First of all, our entire District is the exact same. So I´m staying in Pompeya for at least one more transfer with Elder White! I´m so grateful for that! Between us two and the sisters in our ward, we had 7 investigators at church and two of them just didn´t come because they were sick but they said they would come next week. Those two were Olga and Jorge. They are progressing in the gospel but they said they feel a little rushed to be baptized. They need to come to church one more time and then they just need to accept a date. UUGGGHHH.. it´s frustrating, but I know that through prayers and answers from our Heavenly Father, they will enter the waters of baptism. Frederico (the son) came to church again. He´s incredible but he says he hasn´t received his answer either. I shared with him Ether 12:6 and how it takes faith in order for us to receive our answers some time. If all goes well, he´ll be baptized next Sunday. Domingo came. He´s 84 years old and he agrees with Everything we say to him. I don´t know if it´s a good thing but he keeps coming to church. He says "está bien chicos" to everything. He says he believes in the Book of Mormon. If all goes well, he´ll be baptized on Sunday as well. Cejas came. I´ll explain more about Cejas in another letter. He´s a character hahah and a miracle. We´ll see how it goes with him. But it was great seeing all of the investigators in church and seeing the amount of people in the ward of Pompeya grow.
During the week, I took a 7.5 hour bus ride to Bahía Blanca to do "Trámites". It´s something to do with my visa. There are missionaries that have been here for over a year that hasn´t done it yet, so it looks good for me. I think my visa is here or will arrive shortly. So that was a blessing for sure! Then I took a 7.5 hour bus ride back to Mar del Plata by myself. I was solo both ways and it was a little scary but I got to sleep a lot and the seats on those big buses are comfortable.
Another thing that happened this week was that our sink was fixed! I haven´t told you guys yet, but we´ve been cleaning all of our dishes in the bathroom and dumping the food down the toilet because our sink was clogged and it smelled horrible! haha But thanks to the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the blessings of the missionary, we were blessed with strengths to be able to handle these things on our mission. I´ve already changed a lot on my mission. I´ve realized that you don´t need a lot to be happy. And I´ve realized how blessed we are to have the things we have. And one day, I´ll repay mom by cleaning the house everyday for her. Mom, that´s a promise :) haha. But finally, the sink was fixed and all is well!
The Atonement is amazing and no matter what you´re going through, the Atonement has the power to strengthen you beyond your means and to make you into someone better. The Atonement is there for us to change. To change into someone more like Jesus Christ. It´s incredible.
Have Fun in Disneyland this week and good luck with Homecoming Collin!! Thanks for all the love and all the prayers. They mean the world to me.
Love Elder Bosco II

No comments:

Post a Comment