Monday, September 8, 2014

Week #11

Hola familia!
Holy cow! Football in Provo is rocking! That´s what I´m talking about. It´s weird to think that there is still life in Provo haha. I´ll be fine without the card until then. And I have some stories to tell this week. I´m sure they´re going to make some of you laugh a lot. 
 
To answer the questions mom, we do a lot of contacting. It´s very hard to get referrals out of the ward members. A lot of our work is working with less actives and getting the ward excited and involved in missionary work. Baptisms will come, but I´ve realized just how blessed we are to have the ward and stake that we have. Many people magnify their callings and that´s exactly what the Lord needs. Even dad is singing in a choir! (Oh and I forgot to tell you last week that Elder White and I and the Hermanas sang in Sacrament Meeting-The Baptism song. You can share that with the primary kids. The Hermanas and Elder White have killer voices. I was probably the weak link, but it was great!) We´re also in a choir that was approved by Hermana Parreño because it´s about missionary work and it´s focused on it. But like I was saying, MAGNIFY your calling. The Lord needs each one of us to reach out and help people. I had no idea how much of a difference it would make. 
 
But our ward is incredible. We had three investigators at church this week! But the sad part is we should have had 5. The two that didn´t show up were the ones most progressed. But it´s okay. At least others came. Marcelo came and we only talked to him over the phone. He has problems with the law of chastity and addictions and he told us that he wants to change. The other two, Olga and Jorge are a 60 year old couple that were investigators in the past. I love Olga to death. She has red hair and she doesn´t stop talking. I asked her if there was anything that we could help her with, and the next day, she asked us if we could help her children get visas. (Exactly, because we´re from the U.S. we should be able to get visas for Argentines. As if we have Pres. Obama on speed dial haha). But we taught them the restoration and they came to church so I can´t wait to see what happens with them.
Okay so this week we went on divisions or splits. I went with Elder Santos and it was a great learning experience. He´s from Brazil and Elder White said that some of the words he taught me were Portugese hahaha. Oh well... Later on in the week, we went on divisions again, but this time with members in the ward so that we could fulfill two appointments at the same time. And I went with Miguel, the blind man. I don´t want to ever leave Miguel because he is incredible. He blesses the sacrament, he baptized a recent convert, and he told us that his experience at the temple was incredible. 
 
Anyways, Miguel and I went to teach Rolando. (Family- Remember the magic man? With no teeth... And you couldn´t understand anything they say so they have to put the subtitles on in english. Dad should remember.) Well anyways, Rolando has two teeth. And his mouth was incredibly dry so all of his words were slurred. Oh and there weren´t subtitles.. oh yeah, and he only speaks spanish. I took a moment from my mission, I stepped back, and I looked at my situation. I was walking in the streets of Argentina with a blind man that only speaks spanish and we were going to teach a man that I could barely understand in English. hahahaha. But let me tell you this, that experience was INCREDIBLE. I understood enough to answer Rolando´s questions and to testify. And Rolando rejected the story of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. But I sure did testify. I remember praying that night and feeling an overwhelming feeling of my testimony growing. 
 
Whoever is reading this letter, I want you to know this: The power of God is real. The gift of tongues is real. Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ. The Book of Mormon is true. It´s simple. But I know it. I did what Dallin asked us to do last week. And I´m going to ask you to do it this week. Pray to know if Joseph Smith is a prophet and if the Book of Mormon is true. I promise you that you´ll receive an answer and I promise you that it´s true.
Thank you for the love, support and prayers. I love you all so much.
Love, Elder Bosco II

No comments:

Post a Comment