Thursday, August 7, 2014

Week #6 Adios Provo - Voy a Argentina

Hola Familia!

I can't believe that I'm done with the MTC. It was been one of the greatest experiences ever. The Spirit is incredibly strong wherever you go. The presence of the Lord is definitely felt often. Thanks for the update on the family. I can't believe I'm leaving the United States for two years. Wow!! haha I'm sending home all of the stuff I don't need. Wish me luck on the packing and getting ready. It's going to be a long flight. I was pretty sad today because it was the last time that I get to go to the temple for a while. The Spirit was incredible. And I realized once again that this work is much greater than me. I read D&C 138 in the chapel and I'm not going to lie, I teared up a little walking to the endowment room. The work in the temple is real and the power that I receive from the temple is real. I asked the Lord if He thinks I'm ready for Argentina. And the greatest feeling of power came over me. I could picture the Lord coming up to me and saying, "Wes, stop worrying! You have been endowed with power from on high." I'm so grateful to have made covenants with Heavenly Father and I'm so grateful for the power that He's promised me. The temple is great. If you are reading this letter and you haven't been endowed yet. Do me a favor. Live in a way that will enable you to go to the temple. It has been the GREATEST blessing in my life. And I already know that it will bless me so much during these next two years. I also got to see Tom and Lori Holmoe in the temple. What a great blessing! They took a picture so hopefully you can get that from them.
Elder Bosco with Tom and Lori Holmoe
This week I wanted to share with everyone some thoughts that I had about obedience. Obedience is the first law of Heaven. We've been commanded, "...see that ye serve Him with all your heart, might, mind, and strength." If that's a commandment, how in the world am I supposed to do that?? Then a scripture popped into my head. 1 Nephi 3:7. "For I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them..." The answer came to me. The Lord has provided a way for me to serve Him with everything that I've got. It's rules, commandments, and guides. The White Hand Book has strict rules, but the rules all help us serve Heavenly Father with all that we've got. Even the rule of going to bed on time and waking up. I believe that as we strive to live these rules, the Lord will bless us with extra energy and strength so that we can serve Him with greater power. Also, showing Heavenly Father that we are willing to obey little rules shows Him that we are willing to obey the little promptings of the Spirit. He will continue to bless us with more as we show Him our diligence to be obedient. Another thing is that rules, whether given in the scriptures or by the General Authorities, are all the same. They are from the Lord. "Whether by mine own voice of by the voice of my servants, it is the same." (D&C 1:38) It's as if the Lord himself is telling us how to live our lives. The guidelines He's blessed us with are the scriptures and Preach My Gospel. I have a testimony of obedience. And I know that Obedience brings Power. Remember that. I hope to be an obedient missionary. It's one of my highest goals. President Monson said (paraphrased), "It's easier to keep the commandments 100% of the time than it is to keep them 98% of the time." Think of how you can be more obedient to the Lord this week and I promise you that He will help you accomplish your goal.

Thank you for all the letters, prayers, and love. Mom, I'm going to send home some letters for you to send to people. And Dad, can you do me a favor? There's a teacher here that is a HUGE fan of yours. His name is Hermano Stewart. I'm pretty sure his first name is Russell but I'm not sure how to spell it. If you could, could you send him a picture and a signature or maybe just a signature? It would make him so happy! Other Elders in another district were telling me how he was going to tease me until I got him one. But he hasn't talked to me about it. So I'm just gonna surprise him. haha thanks!

I can't wait to talk to all of you on the phone in the airport. It's going to be a looong flight. I think I'm going to buy a Spanish book with my extra MTC cash and study it on the plane. Wish me luck and keep me in your prayers. Voy a Argentina! Love you all!

Love Elder Bosco II
Elder Bosco and Elder Bates (they played baseball together a few years ago and will be traveling to their mission together)

MTC Branch Presidency  Bro.Hughes, Pres. Pickering, Bro. Hartman

Elder Dastrup (6'8" playing for BYU when he returns)

Gabriel- an investigator in the TRC



Elder Papke and Elder Bosco

Companions for a few more days- Elder Swanson and Elder Bosco

No comments:

Post a Comment