Thursday, July 31, 2014

Week #5

Hola familia,

Thanks mom! I love you so much. Keep me updated. The bus drove by Provo High and I saw all the new buildings. So Weird!! I've only been gone for a month and it looks so different. haha. Yeah I see Zac Jarman all the time. I get the letters from Michelle [Isom] but I haven't been able to email Danny [Jenkins] or Dallin [Zibetti] yet. And I don't have much time today. My teacher is Hermano Glock. I love him. I'll make sure I take a picture with him sometime and with the branch presidency. I'll send the SD card home with Becca on Sunday or Monday or something. We go to the main campus for P-day and for devotionals. We went to the temple today and we saw the new movie. I'm glad what you said about line upon line. It's so true. The Lord is blessing us with more and more knowledge and I love when I figure that out. During study time I feel like I need to learn EVERYTHING to be able to teach people. But this last personal study I felt really peaceful and confident that the Lord will give me a testimony and bless me with knowledge little by little. And I know that he will bring anything to my remembrance that I'll need to teach people. How is everyone in the family doing? I haven't heard from Collin yet. Ella has written me more letters. And by the way, thank you so much for the letters. I didn't realize how much I'd cherish hand written letters as a missionary. They're great. Park City sounded great! Say hi to everyone at the wedding for me! I love all of you so much and I look up to you tons! I can't believe I'm leaving to Argentina in a weekish. There are so many things on my mind and there is one answer to all of them--HAVE FAITH IN CHRIST. So I try. I do my best at trusting in His timetable and His power and His atonement. And really, nothing else really matters. Serving a mission comes with a lot of ups and downs, but there is no doubt that I feel really close to the Lord. I've never talked to him so much in my life. I'm so blessed to be a missionary.

I was made District Leader this week until we go to Argentina. In a leadership meeting we talked about the principle of leading. Love, Discipline, Love. I loved it because it's what the Savior would do. He does at least twice as much loving as He does disciplining. Just in this last week, I've learned how to love Elders and their different view on things. I've learned how to show charity and patience even when it's hard. And I've learned how to pray for others. It's been a good experience.

Elder Groberg (Other Side of Heaven) spoke to us on Tuesday. In the movie, it said "But today, I can be the Lord's wind." Someone prayed for wind and someone acted to be an answer to the prayer. That's what I wanted to talk about. I have a challenge for everyone this week. Be an answer to someone's prayer. Be the Lord's wind. A lot of the time the Lord will answer our prayers through someone else's actions or through our own actions. Faith is action. 

Thank you for all the love, support, and prayers. I feel it everyday.

Love, 

Elder Bosco II



Elder Bosco II



Elders in the zone

Zone
Provo West MTC


Elder Jaren Hopkin and Elder Wesley Bosco- 2nd grade friends reunited as missionaries

Miller Field will have to wait for 2 years

No comments:

Post a Comment