Monday, April 25, 2016

Week #95

Hola Familia!

We had a leadership conference on Tuesday and then we headed out to Tandil with Elder Swanson and Elder Gutierrez. I haven´t ever served in Tandil so I get to know a little bit more of the mission. Some of the things that we talked about in the leadership conference impacted me and I wanted to share them with you.

As missionaries we set a lot of numeric goals and we strive to accomplish them. But something that we noticed in all of the mission is that the goals were all so high and the actual numbers weren´t very close. It´s great to have high goals in the mission, but if our goals are so big that we don´t even think we can accomplish them, than they aren´t good goals. I´ve learned a lot on the mission how to set good, reasonable goals. I began thinking about goals in my life. I realized that I need goals that I can reach but that PUSH me. I don´t need goals that discourage me, or goals that are so easy that I don´t even need to try to accomplish them. The Savior showed us the example. He accomplished His goals. He came to this earth to do many things. His biggest goal was to atone for our sins so that we can all live again with Him. It was His goal and He did it. We won´t be able to accomplish a goal quite so great, but the key is to have the little goals that we can accomplish so that we are exalted one day- our biggest goal. My testimony is that the Savior is cheering us on in every day. He allows us to make our own goals and then strive to accomplish them. He´s there with us every step of the way. His Atonement gives us the power to accomplish things that we can´t accomplish by ourselves. With Him we can reach our goals. We might slip up, we might fall down, and we might get discouraged, but the Atonement allows us to get back up and to keep fighting so that we can do what our Heavenly Father desires of us. I have a firm testimony of this because I have seen it again and again here on the mission.

Thanks for all the love and support. Congrats on finishing school Alexis! What an awesome example! Love you!

Love, Elder Bosco II

No comments:

Post a Comment