Thursday, March 17, 2016

Week #90

Hola Familia!

I called it! Nobody is going to believe me, but if you need proof, ask Elder Dement. I guessed that Collin was going to go to a mission speaking some Chinese language- especially after hearing Mckay and Aaron´s mission calls. I am seriously so excited! It´s as if the Lord gave me a shot of steroids. I´m seriously so pumped! Does that mean that I´m going to speak with Collin when I get back? That would be really cool. I can´t even start to explain to everyone the Spirit that I felt when I read that email from Collin. He has got two years of experiences ahead of him that will bless his life forever. I´m still in the middle of these two years and I can already tell you that my eternity has been changed. 

This week we´re in Mar del Plata and we´re working with Elder Swanson (my MTC companion) and Elder O´rourke (The Elder that Elder Isom trained when we got here in Argentina). They are great missionaries! We are helping the zone leaders create model areas that can be seen throughout the Stake and so we helped them change areas. It´s a pretty cool experience being white washed and starting with little knowledge. You have to trust in the Lord and in His tools that He has left us- like the Area book. We put a big map on the wall and we put about 150 names on the map of people that we can work with. While working yesterday with Elder O´rourke, I had a pretty cool experience.

We passed by a less active members home that Elder O´rourke had known from about 8 months back. We weren´t sure if it would be worth our time to visit him, but I had a feeling that we should, so we did. We got in his home and he was happy to see us. We started talking to him and he introduced us to his 17 year old neighbor Leo. Leo sat down on the table and we continued to speak to the less active member. I remember having the impression, "speak to Leo," so I did. We got talking and he told us that he is looking for a Church where he can feel comfortable. The last few weeks he had been going to other churches and he just didn´t feel good about them. He didn´t like the way they asked for money, or what they did to present "miracles" in their congregation. I asked him if he had seen the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He said that earlier that day was his first time (coincidence right? haha). We left him a short message with an invitation to visit him another day because it was getting pretty late. I could see that he was pretty excited. We left their home and I started asking myself, were those thoughts my own thoughts or were they impressions from the Spirit?. Still thinking about it in the morning, the thought came to me, "Of course they were from the Spirit! From who else would they be?" I realized that when somebody is striving to live worthily of the Gift of the Holy Ghost, their own thoughts can actually be from the Spirit! If we are living with the Spirit in our lives, than He is part of us! Maybe it was my thought, maybe it was His promptings, but when we´re worthy of the Lord´s Spirit, is there really a difference? It was a lesson that the Lord taught me yesterday. Oh how important it is to be CONSTANTLY worthy of the Spirit.


Thanks for the great news! I´m really excited for Collin and all of his friends! Have a great week!

Love, Elder Bosco II
The zone leaders in Bahía Blanca called us today telling us that Nestor is going to get baptized on Saturday from Cerri! That made me extremely happy!
(from Santa Rosa)  Elder Valle, Elder Chronister , Elder Bosco and Elder Dement. watching a soccer team practice on PDay

No comments:

Post a Comment