Monday, November 3, 2014

Week #19

Hola Familia,
Well, my dad in the mission, Elder White, left. It was really tough for me because I only know the mission through him. Now I´m in Pompeya still with Elder Jones! Elder Jones is from Minnesota and he´s been out on the mission for a year. I´m really nervous because he doesn´t know the area at all and I do. Well at least I think I do. These moments of stress are always the worst, but always the best because they are ways that we can grow as children of God. We can grow closer to Christ because we have to rely on him more. I´ve noticed that in my life and especially on the mission. The hard times always serve for a better purpose. Especially when we humble ourselves and turn to Christ. There is always a way to overcome trials. Always. And if it doesn´t seem like there is, turn yourself to Christ even more. Kneel down and ask Him what He wants you to do. If you follow the promptings that you have and you are living righteously and the hard times still aren´t passing. Don´t worry because you´re growing. You may not be able to see it now, but the Lord is molding you into something that He wants you to be. We don´t understand everything, but He does. And what great comfort it is to know that he will bless our lives more than we can imagine.

We have an investigator. Her name is Daniela and she is living with a man right now but she doesn´t want to get married to him. We´ve taught her the law of chastity and she´s extremely scared, but she wants to be baptized. But every time she gets closer, something happens in her family. Her dad is going crazy and wants revenge on her mom (a recent divorce). And then just the other day, her mom was burned while showering. All of her body. But at least now, she´s been turning to pray when these things happen. That´s exactly what the Lord wants her to do. I´ve grown to really love Daniela and I want her to be baptized because I know it will bless her. She doesn´t think she can change, but I know she can. The Spirit has told me that she can change. I hope this week that she changes a little more than the last.

Last, Martín blessed the sacrament in church!!! What a tender mercy to see him worthily bless the sacrament. Also, he contacted with me and Elder White in the streets for a few hours one day and he loved it!! He´s going to be a great missionary. I´m so excited for him!
Thanks for all the love, support, and prayers. The mission is tough, but it is so worth it. I love you all!!
Love, Elder Bosco II

with Elder Bradford (zone leader)

with Elder Jiminez- "These missionaries mean so  much to me"

New Companion- Elder Jones

My District in Mar del Plata

The Zone (2 Districts)

we sang in the concert with the members. This is the theater. It was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment