Monday, October 27, 2014

Week #18

Hola Familia!
 
This week in church was great for several reasons. First, Martín passed the Sacrament. It was a sweet moment to see him worthily and happily pass the Sacrament. It was a sweet spiritual moment for me when he passed it to me. The Spirit was incredibly strong and I´ll never forget it. 
 
Also, Cejas received the Priesthood. What a miracle. He´s had two brain attacks, but he´s really starting to understand the spiritual things in life. That´s the most important. He told Elder White and I that he wants to come to Utah when we both return home and he wants to take a picture with us at every temple in Utah. He told us that he wants to do this and then die after. The way he said it was pretty funny. Cejas has turned into our grandpa haha. My Argentino Grandpa. We learned that he was a captain for a boat and so he travelled to the New York and New Orleans several times. After church, he went and ate at a restaurant. hahaha. We had to reteach him the Sabbath Day. I think (hope) that he gets it now. Thank goodness for the Atonement right? But the Truth is that he´s changing and becoming better everyday. He even invited his friend, Gladys, to his house and we taught her and she wants to be baptized in a few weeks. He´s a missionary too!! Martín and Cejas are preparing to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood in 3 weeks. What a blessing it´s been to watch them! The changes that have happened in our ward have been tremendous and the Lord´s hand is right in the middle of it... like ALWAYS. Seeing the miracles is one of the tender mercies of being a missionary!
 
And for something I noticed the other day in the wind of Mar del Plata was an ant on the sidewalk. The Lord teaches us things in crazy ways sometimes. But the ant was walking and then the wind would blow it back, then it would walk a little, then it would blow it back. The ant would walk some more (but this time in a different direction because it didn´t know which way it was facing). The ant was getting nowhere. Then I saw a rock. A little rock, but still a rock. It was solid and immovable. Helaman 5:12 came to my mind. I thought about how much we need to build our foundation and our lives upon Our Rock, even Jesus Christ. We are promised that we won´t be guided astray. We won´t be tossed by the winds of Satan and confused about where we´re going in life. 
 
We know where we´re going. We´re going back to live with our Father in Heaven, who misses us and loves us so much. I´m blessed as a missionary to represent our Savior Jesus Christ and I challenge each of you to help someone build their life even more on the rock of Christ. He IS the way back to Heavenly Father. I know it with all my heart.
 
I love you all and Happy Halloween! (I don´t think they celebrate it here haha)
 
Love, Elder Bosco II

No comments:

Post a Comment