Monday, November 9, 2015

Week #72

Hola Familia!

It´s getting pretty hot here in Bahía Blanca. Luckily, President Cifuentes changed our schedule, now we study during the "siesta" (nap time) for Argentina. It´s a blessing because we work in the morning when it´s a little bit more cool outside. During the siesta when it´s extremely hot and there aren´t many people, we´re inside studying with fans blowing the whole time. We´re all getting used to the schedule, but I´m extremely grateful for it.

I´m filled with energy and I love being a missionary. Being in the sun all day isn´t easy (and it isn´t fun sometimes haha) but I love feeling like a missionary. Sweating all day long and feeling like I don´t have any energy doesn´t make me that happy, but seeing the Savior lift me up on His shoulders and give me energy and power through His Atonement makes me SO happy. When I don´t feel like I have the energy or the desires to keep moving on, the Atonement simply always carries me and I can´t explain it-- it´s something that you must feel as a missionary. 

I love reading and studying the scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon. Studying it and discussing it with Elder Paleka and the Elders in the apartment gives me so many desires to strive to be more like Nephi. I know that he lived and that his record written upon the golden plates were indeed translated by Joseph Smith. They truly have the words to eternal life and they help me change. I desire to repent and to become better every time I pick up the Book of Mormon and read it.

While studying about the Atonement and the Resurrection today with Elder Paleka, I came across a scripture that has sunk deep into my mind and into my heart. It´s found in DyC 88:32. It´s says that we will be resurrected to the body that our spirits are willing to take. We will literally have the amount of happiness that we are willing to receive. I realized through the Spirit that if I want to be happy, I can be happier! It´s my decision. I also realized that God´s Plan is perfect for all of His children because ALL of His children will receive the happiness that they are willing to receive. In other words, everyone will be as happy as they want to be! I love the mission because we share with others that there is more happiness to what they now live. When we find out that there is more, we are able to find TRUE and LASTING happiness through our Savior Jesus Christ.

We had a great experience with Omar and MariLu Menendez. They are getting married on Wednesday! They´ve been together for over 20 years and they´ve never been legally married. They all  have a great relationship with each other and they are a great example as a family. Since they went and put a date to get married, they have struggled and experienced difficulties. To the point where they even doubted to get married, if it truly were worth it. Satan works hard with them because he knows that this family is getting ready to be sealed one day. We visited them last week and we talked about obedience. During the lesson I asked MariLu how the plans were for the following Wednesday. (I was expecting hesitation in there answer). She answered with with excitement and said that she knows that they are going to be blessed. She said how they had always wanted to get married but never took the initiative to do it. (I´m not going to lie, the answer took me for surprise- a GOOD surprise). The Spirit filled the room and we were able to promise blessings as they showed their obedience to get married on Wednesday. I´m so excited for them! Please keep them in your prayers so that they can keep progressing. The Lord is always ready to bless us when we decide to humble ourselves and obey His commands.

Thanks for the love and support and prayers. Have a great week!

Love, Elder Bosco II

No comments:

Post a Comment