Monday, September 21, 2015

Week #64

Hola Familia!

I absolutely LOVED this week because it was full of miracles. I made a lot of personal goals and I´m striving to be able to achieve them. It all started with the conference with Elder Teixeira. It was an inspired meeting and I learned a lot from the Spirit and what I must do to better serve the Lord. One of the themes of this conference was how we can recognize the Spirit in our lives and the the power of prayer. I made goals concerning both of those themes and I want to share with you a few stories and experiences from this week. President Cifuentes challenged each of us to carry a Little notebook around with us to write down moments when we recognize the Spirit during the day. I did it this week and I saw many miracles.

First off, I made the goal to teach simpler and with more power. We were teaching Vitelli and he has a hard time remembering what we teach him. Elder Dement and I decided to teach him like an 8 year old kid. We took an entire lesson to simply tell him that he has a Heavenly Father that loves him, that Jesus Christ is his Savior and Redeemer, and that the Holy Ghost is a guide to help him choose the right. I testified to him as if I were speaking to an 8 year old of the truths that I had learned from Primary. I truly recognized the presence of the Spirit in the lesson and as I pondered about the lesson that night writing in my journal, I realized that the Spirit can´t testify if people don´t understand. But when language is simple and pure, the Spirit can testify of simple truths that have and will always be true. It was a cool experience to recognize the Spirit in that way. The Spirit has the ability to testify to anyone and everyone.

I also learned that you can receive inspirations through the Spirit through other people (in this example, the members of the Church). On Friday a member of the Relief Society Presidency called us and told us that a young family that was baptized about 6 months ago was having troubles in their home and contentions were arising to the point of being seperated. We received the call and acted without hesitation. Before entering the home, Elder Dement and I said a prayer together to know what to say to this family. We entered the home and we knew that something was wrong, we could literally feel the contention. I started by saying a prayer and I pleaded for the Spirit of love would feel their home and that they could feel the love that the Savior has for them. As the prayer ended, we realized that the mother of the family was crying and I knew that the Lord had sent us His Spirit. We testified of temples and how families are most important in God´s plan. I shared my personal experience of the love that I felt when I went through the temple and hugged my family in the Celestial Room- there truly wasn´t a sweeter feeling of the Spirit. The Spirit of contention left the room and the father of the family said the closing prayer. And he prayed for the ability to be more humble. I left that house knowing that I had followed the Spirit with my companion and we had recognized it through the leadership in the Church.


I had many other experiences this week where I recognized the power of the Spirit in our labors. The only thing that I can say is that this week was FULL of miracles. Being an instrument in the hand of the Lord is the greatest blessing the Lord gives us when we give our will to Him. I challenge everyone at home to write down the moments throughout the day when you recognize the Spirit and I promise you that you will recognize the power of God more in your life. I also promise you that the Lord will be more willing to bless you with His Spirit as you recognize His influence in your life.

Thanks for all the Love and support! I hope you have a great week in Disneyland! Love you!

Love, Elder Bosco II
 
We dug a whole for the Menéndez Family..Well we dug a Little bit (With Young men that are preparing to serve missions)
--

 All you can eat pizza for PDay with Elders in our home and from the zone
 Playing pool
 Elder Teixeira
 
 With Celeste and Mari Lu Menéndez (investigators)
Menu that a Young girl made for us (lunch with the Ávila Family)
 Elders in the house- elders Dement, Perry, Bosco, Valle

No comments:

Post a Comment