Monday, June 15, 2015

Week #51

Hola Familia!

First things first, I want everyone to know that we´re okay. Elder Chronister was in my District last transfer and he got transferred to a different part of Mar del Plata. Our areas are still pretty close, but the other that he was in seems to be more dangerous. As a missionary, hearing something like that didn´t make me more scared, but it actually strengthened  my Faith. Elder Chronister is like a brother and when I heard that he was okay, I had confidence knowing that the Lord is taking care of Him, and us. In the streets at night, I feel safe. I know that the angels of God are surrounding us and he will bless us with promptings from His Spirit when we need them. Missionaries are truly protected.

I want to tell you all about a miracle that we were able to experience. We were walking down the street and it started pouring haha. Elder Sisson told me that when there is bad weather, it means we´ll find someone chosen from God. Literally 20 seconds later, we found them.
A mom and her daughter were walking and when I saw them, I told myself that I was going to talk to them without hesitation (and I´m so grateful we did). We said hi to them and they said, Hola Elderes! That´s usually a sign that they are members or familiar with the gospel. I asked them if they were members and they said that they were less active members. The mom started bursting into tears, and at this moment, the skies bursted into tears as well- it was POURING haha. We ran under a roof and started talking to them. The mom explained to us that they had both been baptized years ago and that she had gone down the wrong path. She wants to get her life back together and this morning she listened to MoTab on the internet and afterwards kneeled down and asked God for help because she truly misses the church. She was crying the entire time. She said that she had always known that God listens to her prayers, but she´d never thought that God would answer her by sending her missionaries. Elder Sisson and I sang her the himn, Where Can I Turn For Peace and the Spirit filled the room. It was incredible. We invited them to come unto Christ and they are 100 percent willing to start their lives over. It was incredible experience. They´re both moving to Buenos Aires on Saturday and they know where the churches are. I told them that their next major goal is to enter the temple again (they´ve both done baptisms for the dead). We´re going to teach them a few times and then send them off to Buenos Aires to start a new life. As a missionary, I truly believe that our eyes are set apart. I saw in them only a porcion of the potential that God sees in them. I could see them both in the temple and living faithful lives and blessing thousands of people. I surely thanked the Lord for giving me the opportunity to be His hands in this sacred work.

Thanks for all the prayers, love, and support. And no, I  haven´t received my package yet. Hopefully this week? we´ll see!

Love Elder Bosco II

No comments:

Post a Comment