Monday, June 8, 2015

Week #50

Hola familia!

Mom, you guys got to eat with Elder White´s Family? He told me that he´s going to visit you guys when he gets home. It will be a week after Dallin gets back. Tell the Squire´s thank you so much. They´ll never know how much that meant to me that they took the time to see me. They gave me a Triple (BoM, D&C, and the Pearl of Great Price). But it was a big one with big lettering. It´s almost impossible get here in the mission. Anyways, I was able to give it to Martín!! Because he has problems with his vision and can´t read the normal size very well, he´s been using his cell phone and enlarging the text. He was extremely grateful and happy. He´s been reading and marking it up like a storm!

Speaking of Martín, he bore his testimony in Sacrament Meeting yesterday. It was his thirdish time formally bearing it in front of people, but it was the first time that I got to hear it. It was powerful. He was definitely prepared to receive the gospel when the Lord put him in our path, but in 7 months of progress, he has changed a LOT. He used to be really shy, and now ( although he´s still shy), he gets up in front of people and bears his testimony with power. He told us the way he has changed the way he talks to people, he took out an earring to feel more worthy, and he shares the gospel with his family when he can without causing contention. I get so happy when he comes to me at church and he tells me about how his family is accepting little by little. Sometimes he asks me questions about the Book of Mormon and about the doctrine. It´s truly an honor to take the time with him to teach him the everlasting gospel. He´s very humble to learn and to be corrected and to get better at the things he needs to improve. He´s such a good example to me! He has plans to start his mission papers in December.

A mission has always been something that I have truly desired to serve. And now that I have served part of it, I sometimes look back and think about all the people that have touched my life. I can´t help but get teary eyed as I think about Martín because he is one of my best friends in the world. He´s 2 and a half months younger than me and I feel like he´s like me in a lot of ways. I can´t imagine my life and this mission without having been able to get to know him. I know now why (1 reason at least) that the age changed for missionaries to serve and that I left when I turned 18. I know that I was supposed to meet Martín. There are countless numbers of people that have changed my life here and there are many waiting as I continue to serve the Lord. The blessings of the mission are incredible and everlasting!

Thanks for all the love and support! And thanks for the birthday package (I´m still waiting for it haha)

Love Elder Bosco II
 
[thank you Elder Sissan for the photos]
 



 
Zone Conference


No comments:

Post a Comment