Monday, January 19, 2015

Week #30

Hola Familia!

So great to hear that we beat Timpview . Those were always the funnest games to play in. I´m so glad Collin is doing well and having fun. The school always has a better spirit about it when the sports are winning.

But even BETTER than sports. One of Heavenly Father´s children beat Satan this week. The angels in the heavens are cheering and Jesus Christ is smiling. I can just see it! This joy is much greater, I mean MUCH greater, than the joy that was felt after the Timpview game haha (but only a little ;) haha)

I had the humble privilege of baptizing Kevin Albarengo on Saturday. Kevin is 14 years old and was really prepared to receive the gospel. Jose, Kevin´s brother, isn´t a member of the church because he needs to change a few things, but he´s been going to church for over a year now. He has read the Book of Mormon and knows that it is true. He has a testimony of the gospel and shared it this past month in fast and testimony meeting. They have to wait until March to get married because of divorcement paper issues, but hopefully when they receive those and get married, they can become members of the Lord´s church! I hope I´m here in Necochea to see it. Especially to show Elder Isom. 
Elder Isom is really good friends with the Albarengo´s and Jose told me that Russ painted their house. It´s pretty cool to be able to follow in Russell´s footsteps (once more in my life haha). But something great about Kevin, is that he´s a light for Jose. He´s a light of hope and a light of the spirit. With so much time in the church without being members, Jose and Veronica have been struggling with enduring to the end. Think about enduring to the end without the gift of the Holy Ghost and the help of the promising covenants that we make with God. Kevin is bring hope back into their lives to wait a little longer and to make a few changes in their lives. We were able to teach Kevin the lessons and reteach Jose and Veronica many of the lessons. We were able to be in their home with the Spirit of the Lord testifying to them that it´s all worth it. It´s been a testimony to me of the love that the Lord has for all of His children as I´ve gotten to know the Albarengo´s. I remember telling Kevin after his baptism that this was the BEST decision that he´s ever made up until this point in his life. And I felt the Spirit testify to me that that was true.

Thanks for all the love, support, and prayers. I truly appreciate the support that I feel here on the mission. I love you all so much.

Love, Elder Bosco II

No comments:

Post a Comment