Monday, October 20, 2014

Week #17

Happy Mother´s Day!!
I know that sounds a little weird, but Argentina celebrates El Día de la Madre in October. So Elder White and I sang I Need Thee Every Hour and we recorded it so we could send it home. I really hope it sends home. I´ll try after I write this letter. But what a great week on the mission. We had interviews this week with President Parreño and Hermana Parreño talked to us. It was a great experience and I´ll tell you more about what I learned later in this letter.
It´s starting to get warmer, but the temperature changes every other day to really hot to windy and a little chilly. It´s because we´re by the Ocean. But to be honest, most of the time the temperature is fresh. But yes, it´s getting warmer and it´s very humid haha.

But great news! Martín received the gift of the Holy Ghost (there were 5 confirmations in our ward this week. It was incredible) and Elder White and I had the opportunity to stand in the circle during Sacrament Meeting to confirm him a member of the church! Also, Martín received the Aaronic Priesthood and was ordained to the office of Priest. The blessings that he received were incredible and I felt how powerful of a missionary that Martín is going to be. In November, the goal is that he´ll become an Elder and receive the Melcezedek Priesthood. If his schedule works out, he´s going to do baptisms for the dead in a month or so in the Buenos Aires Temple. And he is planning on leaving on a mission in a year and a half or so. He says he wants to prepare as much as he can before he leaves. But the truth is, he´s already ready. Martín is incredible and he has the faith that one day his family will join. He´s incredible.
President Parreño taught me a lot during the interview. He asked me if I had any questions and I asked him how I could focus myself even more on the mission. I´m focused on the mission, but I know and understand now that the more focused I am on the mission, the happier I´ll be. And with other things in life, with focus comes success. It´s the same with a calling in the church, with a family, with sports. Focus is key. He turned to the mission manual and shared with me a part about our covenants. He told me that if I always have my covenants in the front of my mind, I´m going to be focused. So I began to think about that. It´s so true. We are a covenant people of the Lord. 
I began to think of the things that I´ve promised to Heavenly Father and the things that He´s promised in return. And I couldn´t help but smile because the blessings are incredible with the foremost blessing being that I can live with HIm, Jesus Christ, and my family forever. So it´s something that I´m doing on the mission right now. Focus on the covenants. And I challenge everyone else to do the same. Always remember your covenants and make decisions that are in accordance with your covenants. The covenants as a baptized member of the church, as a Priesthood Holder, as an endowed member of the church in the Lord´s House. These covenants give us power and protect us from the destructive ways of the Devil. I have a testimony of this more than every on the mission. It gives me great peace knowing that the power of God can always be with us as we are obedient to our covenants.
I love you all so much and I´m so grateful for your love and support. And Happy Mother´s Day! It was nice to reflect on my mom. Who, like the stripling warriors of Helaman, gave everything they had to their mothers. I can honestly say that I am the person I am today only because of my mom. She has shown me how to be more Christ-like than any other person in the world. I thank you mom for everything and I hope to be half the disciple of Christ that you are. I love you so much!
Love Elder Bosco


Elder Bosco and Elder White singing "I Need Thee Every Hour" in Spanish. Elder Bosco is singing the second verse and Elder White is the harmony on the Chorus.




No comments:

Post a Comment